Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How can we notify a requester of a commit date (creation or update) on their requests?

Level 3

This might be a simple configuration that we are missing, but haven't had much luck.

We have a request queue setup and we have been using the Planned Completion Date as the target for our workers to complete the requested work.

The workers review and update the Commit Date on the request when needed. Currently, the notification of the new Commit Date is send to the Queue Project Owner. This behavior makes sense when looking at pure project management, when you'd want the PM to review the proposed change and approve, but not in a request queue. We want to have the original requester notified that the worker will complete the request at a date different than what they originally asked.

Didn't see anything in notification settings, etc, but maybe there is another way?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi - yeah, I'm not sure of getting what you want either. For our print studio (which just works off a request queue and not projects), we created a field on the custom form called "Date and Time Out of Studio" and they update that if when they think it will be done. There is no notification, but we have a dashboard for Print Studio Requests I've Submitted and we have added that field there so the requester can see when they should expect it. It would be great to have an email notification, but it seems to work well as people have to go to the Print Studio Requests I've Submitted dashboard to see who is even working on it to get an update on timing.

Not exactly what you want, but hope it is helpful.

Level 3

Hi Anthony,

We do have a report for all of our users to see "My Submitted Requests" which is really a more detailed view of what you can get in the OOTB "Requests"-"Requests I've Submitted" view showing a lot more content, but we really wanted the functionality that exists when a worker changes a task (or request/issue) commit date in a project. It only seems logical that the system would notify the requester that there was a change to their Planned Completion Date. I realize this may just be a limitation as it's working as a regular "Project" would, but it should be different considering this is a Request Queue.