Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I make a quick new task for project in Workfront Homepage and attach a custom form for this task?

Level 3

Hello Friends, 

Recently I am creating a sample request process for team, we use "requests" to make sample request through "Queues request" ---> request submit successful ---> we convert this request into project task.

JerryWu_0-1716869530095.png

My question is how can we directly make new task request in project and attach a custom form into task, this custom form includes sample consignee/address...etc information need fill out by sample requestor.

JerryWu_1-1716869705170.png

Looking forward to your advice and comments.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Jerry,

I don't think this is possible with the Home area.

This is possible with the New Home aka workspace:
From My Tasks widget, click on New Task, input task name and project name, select More Options, add/modify custom form on a task.

Hope this helps

Best
Rafal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Jerry,

I don't think this is possible with the Home area.

This is possible with the New Home aka workspace:
From My Tasks widget, click on New Task, input task name and project name, select More Options, add/modify custom form on a task.

Hope this helps

Best
Rafal

Level 3

Thank you Rafal, great help! One more question, through this way, anyone with contribution access to project can assign a task to anybody in one project, how can we identify who is the task creator, except by email notification. Like in a report, how can we draw this field information.

Community Advisor

tasks definitely, but also on a lot of workfront objects you will find separate data:

- assigned To

- entered By

this should help to address your question,

good luck!