Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I add a task status filter to a project report

Level 2

I created a report that listed all the active projects a user is assigned to in Workfront. I want to filter out the projects where the users has completed their tasks. I only want to see the project a user is assigned to with incomplete tasks.

I'm attaching a screen capture of the report filters that I currently have. I can't figure out how to get task status as a filter.

Thank you for any help you can provide me!

John Weiss

Workfront Admininstrator

Follett Products, LLC

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - I think I might have something to help you :)

First, can you take out the Project Users ID filter you have there? Then go to Switch to Text mode and paste the below underneath the stuff that will appear in the text mode already (i.e. your project filters)

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:1:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:1:assignedToID_Mod=in

EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:task:status=CPL

EXISTS:1:task:status_Mod=notin

That should do the trick for you :)

NOTE: If you need it for a specific users, you will need to replace $$USER.ID with their Workfront ID number. Otherwise, it will show you the projects for whoever is looking at the report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

I'm not sure if you can if it's a project report. But interested to see if there is a way.

Level 7

It can be done but only by using text-mode to assist.

This will get you a general overview: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FReports_and_D...

The chart on this page I believe has a sample of something very close to what you're describing: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FReports_and_D...

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - I think I might have something to help you :)

First, can you take out the Project Users ID filter you have there? Then go to Switch to Text mode and paste the below underneath the stuff that will appear in the text mode already (i.e. your project filters)

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:1:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:1:assignedToID_Mod=in

EXISTS:1:projectID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:task:status=CPL

EXISTS:1:task:status_Mod=notin

That should do the trick for you :)

NOTE: If you need it for a specific users, you will need to replace $$USER.ID with their Workfront ID number. Otherwise, it will show you the projects for whoever is looking at the report.

Level 2

Hi Anthony,

That worked great. Thank you so much. Even though we've been using Workfront since the beginning of 2020, I struggle with creating reports. This community thread has been so helpful.

Thanks again and have great day.

John Weiss

Workfront Admin

Follett Products, LLC.