Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

hover over text on custom fields

Level 7
Has anyone found a way to do this? We have a few check box fields that could use some explanation on the available selections. Typically, we would just use the instructions box to clarify what the selections are, but in this case I ran in to a field that requires more characters than allowed in the instructions box. Is there a way to add in some hover over text for the field selections? I tried adding the explanations in as field values, but that was a no go. Let me know if you guys have ran in to this as well..... as always, thank you!!! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 6
Hi Brandon, A way around this could be choosing to number the options and include a very brief label. Then use a Descriptive Text field with the corresponding numbers to provide more details for each of the numbered items. Then on your form move that Descriptive Text field to right of the multi-select Checkboxes so it displays along the same row. Elissa Lazor Digital Transformation Consultant and Solutions Architect Austin, TX 281.772.3973

Level 7
Thanks for the suggestion Elissa. As of now we have decided to just use display logic for descriptive text once they made their selections. I presented something similar to your solution and it just felt a little cluttered. By using the display logic, it keeps the form a little less messy. The downside is the selection has to be made before the description appears, but the requestors should really know what selections they are making anyway. Thanks again! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com