Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Hi. Is there a way to filter out projects, roles, users with 0 planned hours from a Resource Planner report?

Level 3

I want to be able to export a concise report of just planned hours during a given timeframe without all of the 0 planned hours lines showing since that causes my report to be extremely long (ex. over 1200 rows in Excel) when I'm just interested in seeing Project > Role > User with planned hours.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Anna - Trust me, this is feedback we have given to the Product team since the beginning. ;)

The good news is that sometime in the future (no committed date yet), they will change the sorting so that the 0 projects will be at the bottom of a user when you expand. That way you don't have to scroll through all the time to make sure you are seeing everything.

In the meantime, we have applied filters but wildcards haven't worked for us (i.e. $$TODAY+2w) so the team does have to update the filter every week.

If using the 4 week view starting with this week, the Resource Manager will have the filter set up in Resource Planner where Task >>> Planned Start Date is Less Than or Equal to May 9th at 5pm and the Task >> Planned Completion Date is Greater or Equal to April 12th at 9am

This filter has helped them out a lot. Hope it helps you too. :)

Level 3

Thank you Anthony for your response. Hopefully the Product Team will eventually incorporate this feedback into a future update since the WF Support rep I spoke with said the same thing (about getting this feedback a lot). I'll give your filter recommendation a try in the meantime. Thanks again!