Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Help to create a project view custom text column that can filled in; not notes.

Level 1

Would it be possible to add a custom text column to projects in Workfront?  In this instance there would be One for "Priority" (High, Medium, Low) which already exists. I would like to achieve having an additional column for "Sequence".

Ideally, it would be a text box where a number can be entered. It will be for ordering within the priority (Ex. if there are 5 things sitting as “medium”, which one is first, second, third, etc.).

5 Replies

Level 7

Once you create a custom form field and attach it to projects you can then report on the projects.  In other words, once the custom form has been created it will show up in the custom form configurator, the view configurator, etc.

For example, a new custom form "How are you today" with the "I am good / I am not good" choice.

When you go into your Project Details -> Custom Forms you have the ability to view and attach the How are you today form to your project.

All this being said it might make more sense to take advantage of more out of the box solutions for project and task prioritization.

Level 1

Thank you for attempting to assist. It is extremely possible that I may not be explaining the issue correctly.

Unfortunately, I am not attempting to create a custom form. but a custom column option at the portfolio level view that can be typed into that is not the project notes. This would be used in addition to the out of box project prioritization. 

Level 7

Once you have a custom form applied to projects it is possible to create a new view which includes custom forms as viewable columns of information.

When viewing portfolios you can choose a different view, one that you build.

Level 10

Hi @Tavi,

I invite you to consider using the Portfolio Optimizer functionality and then leverage the built in (but not obvious) Portfolio Priority project level parameter for this purpose.

You might also find this related Projects by priority post interesting, too. And this one, as well.

It can be hard to rank them... <grin>

Regards,

Doug