Expand my Community achievements bar.

HELP! How do I get rid of the shading on the calendar on past dates?

Level 10

I want to take a screenshot of our calendar but anything starting yesterday is all faded out and hard to read. Is there a way to get rid of that shading so I can share the calendar?

11 Replies

Level 10

Wish Granted, Jill!

As per the screenshot and instructions below, to make the background of a Workfront Calendar white so you can then screen capture it for presentation purposes:

1. open the calendar of interest in Chrome
  2. click the top right "Customize and control Google Chrome" button and choose > More tools... > Developer tools
  3. click the "inspector" button on the top left of the Developer tools window
  4. click a day cell within the calendar
  5. highlight one of the "<td..." rows on the Elements tab of the Developer tools window that has class="past... in it (as in, "back in the past"
  6. On the Styles panel on the right, change the background-color to #ffffff (white)
  7. Observe that the Calendar's background then shows white (until you next refresh the page) and QUICK! grab your screenshot

Regards,

Doug

0694X00000AtSpoQAF.png

Level 10

Wow Doug that would have been amazing except I can't find td class = past thing. I see all the other td classes but not that one. So close I can smell the solution.

Level 10

Yeah, it takes a bit of finesse Jill (and thanks for trying),

Once you "point" on Step 4, you can then click the arrows on Step 5 to expand sections of the page, scroll a bit, click and expand again, etc. which is how I usually find my way down to what I need (the td class=past thing, in this case), so I can then continue to Step 6 (again, often with some scrolling and/or experimenting).

Good luck!

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Now this is an interesting workaround! I'm going to have to try this myself. @Jeremy Flores‚ are you guys still looking at Calendar enhancements at all? This one might be an interesting one for you to consider.

Employee

Thanks for looping me in. No, I am not currently working on calendar enhancements at the moment. (I was a few months ago yet do agree that this is interesting). I would submit an idea for it nonetheless as that always helps! Perhaps if this idea gains enough traction we could consider throwing it into the curation and subsequent prioritization mix for Q1 2021.

Level 10

I finally found it! However, there was the next problem that the fonts are also a subdued tone so it still is not so easy to read.

Kyna one of the main feedback on calendars is that they can't be exported. And now I'm realizing screen shots aren't a good solution either. They are still "stuck in Workfront" but the best way to tell a story to someone who is visual and can't deal with lists.

Employee

Yeah, I can see that. For that reason I use Home with the Calendar view and sort by Project, that's what seems to be the sweet spot for me, but I can totally see that you would want more visibility for different needs.

Level 10

Well done Jill!

In the same fashion (now that you're a pro), you could also "point" at the fonts and change the tones so they are more vibrant...but it would be a bit cumbersome. There are other plugins and tools such as A+ Font Changer that will let you quickly (and temporarily) "set" the font size and color (as well as the background color), and others such as StyleBot that take it waaaaay further and let you even "remember" how you like your settings. It's a slippery slope.

Out of curiosity (as I happen to working on a new Editorial Calendar With Images solution at the moment), if what would your "perfect" calendar look like (when printed to PDF)?

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

That sounds overwhelmingly hard! I now have our designer working his magic! I had to give up. My perfect calendar comes out like Outlook where you have the options for a month or week per printed page, into a PDF, retaining the color coding, and even more ideal, the key code for the colors.

Level 10
Actually, it kinda fell in my lap this week Jill, and came together remarkably quickly: I expect to release it next week. So thank you for sharing your ideas! All are solid, and I will see which ones we can include. Regards, Doug

Level 10

To close the loop on this. Turns out if you put the screenshot into Powerpoint and then select the Picture Edit and adjust the contrast, it turns into a very pretty screenshot. I did start with a screenshot using the white background that I got based on Doug's instruction, so not sure how well that would work with the pastel background.