Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Has anyone created a specific dashboard for their Editorial Team that includes tasks, link to proofs, and comment count on a proof?

Level 4

Hi everyone,

I asked this in another discussion thread but did not get any responses so trying to ask here.

Wondering if you've ever created a comprehensive Editorial dashboard? My team is looking to see the list of tasks with corresponding proof links within the same dashboard and the number of comments that's been placed on the proof.

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2

If anyone figures that out - it would be amazing 😀

Level 10

Interesting... for my former agency, the Editorial Dashboard was a widget that used a Proof Approval object report and then a calendar for tasks underneath.

The Proof Approval report was pretty basic just letting them know who submitted it into the team. Towards the end, people were putting every editor on a proof so that they could all help each other out so we only filtered the report on the Editorial Manager's ID. But you could show everyone.

For the calendar, the tasks were color coded where green was project's last updated date was greater than or equal to $$TODAY-2d and then yellow for project's last updated date is less than $$TODAY-2d. For our team, the tasks were just a heads up into what could potentially be coming in. Their main "work items" were the proof approvals.

-- NOTE: Editors never closed out tasks because we would do "Route to Clean" which means that there could be 1 version or 70 versions. So the PM was the one who would close it out as they were one of the few people who would see at the end that everything was clean and could move forward.

Curious to know about the comment count though. For us, Editors were the first in process so they made the comments. The copywriters fixed what the Editors wanted done (after Account marked up the changes they agreed with an Action). So I don't have anything for you about that in the Editorial Dashboard.

Level 4

Thanks Anthony for the insight!!

Our company works the same as your previous in terms of the routing process but we are a much smaller team with 2-3 people.

I'm realizing that the report setup in Workfront is very challenging as different report types have their own limitations and custom edits need to be done in order to have something close to what we are looking for.

Right now I'm debating whether a proof report is the way to go or a document report.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Level 10

Yeah, the different reports almost always require some type of textmode to get you what you need. Let me know if you need some help.

Do you use information from a custom form on the document itself? If not, you might want to also consider a Document Version report. With that one, you do have some Proof options for the current version (like status and active stages). Most of my Proofing reports were either Proof Approvals, Document Versions, and then Notes (if I needed anything about Proof Comments).

Level 1

Comment count is something that my team would really like to have. Currently they are using the comment count found in the old ProofHQ/Workfront Proof view. This can cause issues when they go to upload new documents at times though, since it won't pair the doc correctly with the Workfront side. I cannot get them to stop using it until I have a better solution for them. Or until Adobe decides to completely integrate the systems and is disappears from their menus.

It would really be nice if there was an easier way to report the comment count on the document reports before that happens.