Expand my Community achievements bar.

Generate Proof Stuck with Spinning Wheel

Level 2

Hello! I have a 42mb proof that has been stuck generating proof for over an hour. I didn't see any reports of outages – is this something I did or an internet issue? Has anyone else had this issue recently? I don't believe it's an upload issue because I can download the file. It's just not converting to a proof. TIA!

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I've had this happen with my users from time to time. There are a couple reasons that can cause this:

• Large file size
  • Poor Internet Connection
  • The fonts included cannot be rendered via Proof
  • A glitch in the matrix

Usually if I'm able to download the file myself, I'll test and see if I can make a Proof. If I can than it's usually the user's internet or Workfront had a quick tantrum. Either way, I ask them to try deleting the version and trying again. Once did I come across something strange where the Proof rendered but still said generating so I enlisted the help of Support to fix it.

If I can't create a Proof I open the file to see if I get any error messages or anything and then submit a Support request if necessary.

Hope this helps!

Level 2

This is super helpful, thank you! More often than not I'm finding it's a glitch in the Matrix

How do you delete the version while it's still generating?

Community Advisor

To delete the version, go to the document details page and then All Versions. You should be able to click the icon on the far right and select delete. This deletes the document version altogether. I don't recommend this if there are comments on that version. That's when you upload a new version on top, or contact Support.