Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Fix New "My Timesheet" filter that lists all timesheets for all time

Level 2

The latest update changed the Timesheets page using the default filter of "My Timesheets" makes it so all users now see all timesheets for all time sorted oldest to newest which is not helpful when a user just wants to log time for the current week to submit it. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the default filter or default view to sort by date or filter off the closed timesheets. Is there a way to fix this? We really don't want to manually go in and apply a new filter and view for 350+ users to fix this issue. Also since this was released on Thursday and timesheets are due on Friday we are in a time crunch to fix this before everyone starts submitting their time tomorrow.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Keaton,

I've got someone on my team creating a new filter for "My Open Timesheets" and setting as the default. We really shouldn't have to do this, but... these are the notes I provided for them:

My Open Timesheets filter:

Timesheet > User ID = $$USER.ID

Timesheet > Status = Open

Update all Layout Templates to make that filter the default:

- Setup > Interface > Layout Templates > In each template > Customize what users see: Lists > Select a list to customize: Timesheets

- In the Filter Column: click Add Filter > begin typing and select "My Open Timesheets" > Check "Set default" box > Add

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Keaton,

I've got someone on my team creating a new filter for "My Open Timesheets" and setting as the default. We really shouldn't have to do this, but... these are the notes I provided for them:

My Open Timesheets filter:

Timesheet > User ID = $$USER.ID

Timesheet > Status = Open

Update all Layout Templates to make that filter the default:

- Setup > Interface > Layout Templates > In each template > Customize what users see: Lists > Select a list to customize: Timesheets

- In the Filter Column: click Add Filter > begin typing and select "My Open Timesheets" > Check "Set default" box > Add

Level 2

Thank you so much Heather! Especially on the details on how to make the updates.

Less than ideal that we have to do this but at least we can. Unlike the challenges around worklist that I've not figure out how to fix everyone's yet.

Thank yo for your help!

Level 4

Hi Heather, how do you make it the default filter for timesheets?

Community Advisor

Tami, Once you've created the filter on timesheets yourself, you have to go into each layout template...

- In the Filter Column: click Add Filter > begin typing your filter name > Check "Set default" box > Add

Level 10

The filter worked like a charm Heather, and we're in the process of determining if we should make it the default via the layout templates as well. THANKS!

Level 2

Thank you Heather, I hadn't thought about modifying the layout template to select the default filter. That will save a lot of time!

Level 4

Does anyone know how admins can open timesheets for a specific users without having to create a filter for the user and then search the date in the quick search? This seems awkward and time consuming but I don't see a better solution.

Community Advisor

Tami, I replied to this one on your other post for what I did.

Level 3

Can you provide a link to your answer? This is very challenging now that they changed the interface. If I have to find a single user for a single week, it is challenging. Any insight you have would be appreciated!!

Level 2

same with me -- this is now adding addl time to timesheet reviews and approvals that I didnt have

Level 3

I opened a ticket about this yesterday - after talking with developers they basically said they aren't going to add this functionality back in. I'm very disappointed.

So I created a timesheet report with a prompt for user name and time period and I'll probably just use that moving forward.

Level 7

Oh this is frustrating. Not only do we now have to create the filter and adjust all the layout templates for the users, but another issue is that as a system admin, I need to quickly pull any non-closed timesheets for the month for teams OR quickly open a specific timesheet for a specific person to change something. This was super easy with the left nav filtering...now it's gone. 😫 . I now see thousands of timesheets where I have to manually create or update a filter to find what I need. Ugh.

Level 6

It really seems like they aren't thinking some of these changes through completely.