Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Financial Insititution Knowledge Sharing

Level 6
WOW! What a turnout for today's Virtual Financial Services Meetup. We had over 50 people registered from 18 different firms! I've posted a recap and follow-up materials in the "https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3KeCAJ/" Financial Services Group here on the Community . Thanks again for helping make this happen, @Ryan McGee ! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs
11 Replies

Level 1
Hi Ryan, We have just started our rollout of Workfront here at John Hancock, and I know we have people from a couple of groups that would be interested to get a better idea of how other financial institutions are handling the system. Michael Butler

Level 2
Ryan, Getting together in January for a NE Workfront/ Financial Institution meeting sounds like a great idea and we would like to be part of the session. Keep me posted. Best, Jeff Gillis Manager, Global Marketing Technology Natixis Investment Managers 888 Boylston Street, Boston MA 02199-8197 617-449-2551 Jeffrey Gillis

Employee
Hi folks - Kristin Farwell here, I manage the user group program at Workfront. I reached out to @Ryan McGee to look at some possible dates in January, more to come there! In the meantime, what are some specific topics you'd like to talk about? And are there any volunteers who would like to lead/facilitate any of the planned topics? Ideally, we would have one or two of you assigned to each topic. You don't have to be an expert! Just someone who can spend a few minutes sharing how you are addressing a particular topic or challenge at your organization, and perhaps coming up with some discussion points/questions for the larger group to then kickaround. Chat more soon! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 6
Hi Everyone: Best dates look to be January 14-16 or 21-23. We have plenty of conference rooms and can also provide a Skype link if getting into Back Bay is a pain. Topics I can think of off the top of my head: 1) How does compliance fit into the fiserv area as it relates to WorkFront? 2) What are some regulatory challenges that a traditional design house may not have? 3) How did/is company buy-in progressing? Best tips/tricks within our sphere? Ryan McGee

Employee
Hi all, circling back on this now that we're through the (first of a few!) holidays. @Michael Butler and @Jeffrey Gillis - Do you guys have a preference on the date? @Ryan McGee threw out the possibility of January 14-16 or 21-23. Let me know what you guys think and we'll lock something in and start working on an agenda. Thanks! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 6
Hi all: @Kristin Farwell now that we are in the new year, can we try to recircle on this and lock down a date by end of month, if possible? Cheers, Ryan Ryan McGee

Employee
@Ryan McGee - Agreed! Let's put a stake in the ground on a date. Does Jan 23 still work? If so, I'll get a reg page up so people can start RSVPing. I can also cross post it to the Financial Services group here on the Community. Even if folks aren't local, I know you had mentioned setting up a Skype or Zoom room so people could attend virtually. Let me know if this works and I'll have something up tomorrow or early Wednesday! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 6
23rd work for me. Skype/Zoom may be the easiest as a first pass rather than try to get everyone in the same room. Best times for us are 12-2 pm EST or 3-5 pm EST. We can collectively come up with an agenda once we have the parties locked in. Ryan McGee

Employee
@Ryan McGee - I like the idea of a virtual meeting for this first one! I think 3 to 5 would be good, it accommodates a few different time zones if folks outside New England want to join. I've reached out to some folks here at Workfront to see who might be able to join on our side. I'll start working on a reg page in the meantime and we can fill in the details as we go. Does Skype work better for you? I'm happy to setup and manage a Zoom meeting if that's easier. Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 1
Hi everyone, Wanted to let everyone know that we've locked down details for the Financial Services meetup next week! Big thanks to @Ryan McGee for making this happen! There will be no formal presentations, the goal is to focus on group discussions around the unique challenges facing FinServ. Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020 Time: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST Location: Zoom Online Conference (details will be mailed when you RSVP) Register here: "http://event.workfront.com/workfrontfinservjan2020/community" http://event.workfront.com/workfrontfinservjan2020/community Hope you can make it! If you have any questions, leave a comment on this thread, or feel free to reach out to me directly at kristin.farwell@workfront.com. Kristin Farwell

Employee
WOW! What a turnout for today's Virtual Financial Services Meetup. We had over 50 people registered from 18 different firms! I've posted a recap and follow-up materials in the "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a1ce6084-8bdd-4c2b-b6e3-fcf781d4672e&CommunityKey=9d52844b-5f46-4040-9599-faad5084efc5&tab=digestviewer#bma1ce6084-8bdd-4c2b-b6e3-fcf781d4672e" Financial Services Group here on the Community . Thanks again for helping make this happen, @Ryan McGee ! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs