Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filters for a Report ?

Level 1

I am trying to make a report on a specific task. There are two people assigned to the task and I'm trying to report on one person's progress or (percent complete) of a task out of the two not both people. I am trying to find all the people on that specific task that hasn't completed the task. When I try and filter the report it keeps saying only 50 percent complete out of 100 percent because since two people are assigned to the same task the percent complete for the task is associated with both people. So, when one-person completes the task, it says only 50 percent out of one hundred. So how would I only track the one person's progress/percent complete who completed or did not complte the task not the other person. I just want one person out of the two/ that's what I'm trying to report on.     

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You'll want to build an "Assignment" report and not a "Task" report. You can't easily delineate the assignees of a task on a Task-Level report (without doing something complicated with a calculation inside of a list).

If you build an "Assignment" report you can display both the Task >> Status (which is the status of the task itself) as well as the Assignment >> Status (which is the status of the individual).

For example, if someone is done with their part of a task, but the task itself is not yet complete (other people are still working on it), on the report, that user's assignment would show an Assignment >> Status of "Done" and the Task >> Status would still show "In Progress" (or whatever Status it's still in).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

You'll want to build an "Assignment" report and not a "Task" report. You can't easily delineate the assignees of a task on a Task-Level report (without doing something complicated with a calculation inside of a list).

If you build an "Assignment" report you can display both the Task >> Status (which is the status of the task itself) as well as the Assignment >> Status (which is the status of the individual).

For example, if someone is done with their part of a task, but the task itself is not yet complete (other people are still working on it), on the report, that user's assignment would show an Assignment >> Status of "Done" and the Task >> Status would still show "In Progress" (or whatever Status it's still in).