Expand my Community achievements bar.

File Sharing with China

Level 6
I have 2 users in mainland China (Beijing) that cannot access any documents shared by offshore users in Workfront. We are having the same issues with other products, but I'm hoping someone has a solution to do this within Workfront so we can keep all documents and PDF proofs in one system. Any guidance or idea would be appreciated! Thank you Brian Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.
4 Replies

Level 10
Interesting... I wonder if it's a state censorship thing? We have a user in HK and we haven't heard of issues regarding documents there. Sorry, could not be more help but interested to know how your issue would work out. Polly Co

Level 6
Yes, its definitely state censorship. Not many platforms can get to/from mainland China. FYI, we are working just fine with Hong Kong, but Beijing not so much. thanks Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.

Level 10
I know that in the past, a lot of Chinese people used VPNs to get around the Great Firewall of China. I presume this is still done, though perhaps not something you could officially endorse for company users. David Cornwell

Level 2
We've had similar problems with another platform in China - PROBLEMS Low level networking parts of platform blocked or not accessible in China due to firewall Access to platform was noticeably slower due to additional restrictions and routing hops that traffic goes through in China
SOLUTIONS Reroute traffic to WAN (Wide Area Network ) inside PLT to increase speed for internal users Whitelist/Reroute Proxy List of IPs (Internet Protocols) for all in service hosts including third party IPs associated with platform (i.e. CDN) Another third party, could not provide an Proxy List of IP Addresses, but gave us a domain list instead Share full URLs to allow external partners to access content via Gallery-Bit.ly blocked in China Patrick Haywood Plantronics, Inc.