Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exporting a Gantt Chart

Level 3

Does anyone have recommendations on how to export Gantt charts in an easy to read manner? The ones I try to export are puzzles and require me to assemble and don't flow very well.

Really just looking for a solution on printing one page showing the Gantt View only.

thoughts?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris,

I invite you to consider our UberGantt solution, which gives you the ability to create a branded, customizable, printable Gantt chart of any Workfront projects and tasks of interest, simplifying communication in an insightful and professional format.

Regards,

Doug

Appreciate the solicit, but really looking to keep everything within WorkFront.

My pleasure Chris. Good luck -- I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

Hi Chris,

Our business was also exploring the Gantt chart and I have an open ticket for a bug within the Gantt chart export.

I also wish there was an option to control your export with a "fit to page" options, so I can get exactly the view I want on one page, but that functionality does not exist as far as I know. Below is the workaround that I have been using, maybe it will help you:

Try setting up your view and filters to give you the right columns and objects that you want as part of the Gantt export (the less columns, the better). Then set your time increment on the Gantt chart (fit all, year, month, week, etc.) using the drop down on the upper left corner of the Gantt chart. Then use the slider bar (+/-) at the top to focus on the time period you want exported. Then export using the option to export "What I see." This should export the time period in your current view. I found this usually keeps it to one page. It's not perfect and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's workable.

The bug I have a ticket in for occurs if you try and use the secondary adjustment bar at the bottom of the chart to adjust your view to show exactly one year or a month, etc. If you try to export after adjusting the view with that option, at least in my experience, you will get a crazy random export of a few days or hours.