Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Does Workfront have a QA/Sandbox environment?

Level 1
Level 1

We would like to update our email request form but instead of having the admins make the change, is there a way that a technical user on our team can play around with formatting and field additions in a QA/sandbox environment?

That way we can have end users sign-off on the request forms before having the admins put them in production. Is this possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can access your sandbox by navigating to: {yourdomainname}.sb01.workfront.com 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/set-up-wf/testing-e...

One thing to note about building in sandbox is that you can't currently push those changes to production. You will have to build it twice - once in sandbox and then again in production.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can access your sandbox by navigating to: {yourdomainname}.sb01.workfront.com 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/set-up-wf/testing-e...

One thing to note about building in sandbox is that you can't currently push those changes to production. You will have to build it twice - once in sandbox and then again in production.

Level 10

Hi @L-S,

If your organization's Adobe Workfront licensing arrangement does not include a sandbox environment, you could use your preview environment (which I believe is always present for all customers) by navigating to:

{yourdomainname}.preview.workfront.com

Do note, though, that such preview environments refresh automatically every weekend (i.e. typically late Saturday evening, Mountain Standard Time), which limits the time you'd have to modify and work with preview data.

As for transferring data and configuration (such as custom forms) from preview (or sandbox), I invite you to consider our Packages solution, which -- think "personal Blue Prints" -- covers many of the most common objects and usecases. I'd be happy to discuss it further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Level 1
Level 1

Thank you - this is helpful to know. I will find out!

Level 2

This is unbelievable news. I've inherited WF from a previous PMO team and this is absolutely a deal-breaker for me. There is no point in even having a Sandbox if you can't push to Production after testing.