Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Does anyone have the text mode syntax that can compare Planned Hours to Actual hours or EAC for a task?

Level 2

I want to highlight the row any task where the EAC for the task exceeds the planned hours. I made some text edits but I can only get my view to highlight the row when planned hours =0 and EAC is greater than 0. It will not highlight the row if the planned hours is >0. for example: Planned hours is 120 and EAC is 134. I want this row to highlight because it means the task is not running to plan. I was surprised that OOTB conditional text does not allow you to compare fields of the same type. date to date (i.e. highlight when estimated start date is later than planned start date). Hours (actual or EAC greater than planned). Test like this allow the PM to focus on the tasks that are not going to plan.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Chris,

What you're asking for sounds doable, and there's a good primer on comparing fields of the same datatype here, which I invite you to review, use, and then confirm how you make out.

Regards,

Doug