Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Document Folder Permissions Not Carrying Over to Project from Template

Community Advisor

Hello! On a task within a project template, I have a folder where I have turned off "Inherited Permissions" so that only select users can see the folder. However, when I create a project from a template it doesn't retain those settings - users inherit the permissions. Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

A couple things to note about folder sharing permissions:

• If you configure sharing options for a document folder within a template, and then someone creates a project from that template, your sharing configurations don’t transfer to the document folder in the new project.

• If you configure sharing options for a document folder within a work item and then copy the work item, your sharing configurations don’t transfer to the document folder in the new work item.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/document-folder-permissions-not...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

A couple things to note about folder sharing permissions:

• If you configure sharing options for a document folder within a template, and then someone creates a project from that template, your sharing configurations don’t transfer to the document folder in the new project.

• If you configure sharing options for a document folder within a work item and then copy the work item, your sharing configurations don’t transfer to the document folder in the new work item.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/document-folder-permissions-not...

Level 2

Hi @Kurt_Jones, in both scenarios, sharing settings are not carried over automatically. They need to be reconfigured for the respective document folders in the new projects or work items that are created from templates or copied work items, right?

Level 4

We're running into the exact same issue!

We would love it if folder permissions could be carried over from a project template into the actual project. As it stands now we have to tell folks to manually set permissions when they create a new project for 3 different folders, which is exhausting.