Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display Role Name in an Hour Report, Matrix Format

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I have an Hour report set up to display in the matrix format. I want one of the matrix groupings to be by role name; however, role id is the only available option. Looking at id's in a report isn't user friendly. Wondering if there's a way to show the role name while still in the matrix format.

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick - sadly not that the moment. What I tend to do is use a calculated field on the previous object type that gives the name and then use that.

So like reports that need people (which I'm assuming you have here), I have on their custom form calculated fields that give me Home Team Name, Manager's Name, Role Name, etc.

On projects, I have Portfolio Name and Program Name.

You just go to the User Custom Form, add the calculated field, and the "formula" is Role.Name

Now, this only works for Primary Role, Home Team, but it has been helpful in charts and Matrix reports where you can't text mode groupings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick - sadly not that the moment. What I tend to do is use a calculated field on the previous object type that gives the name and then use that.

So like reports that need people (which I'm assuming you have here), I have on their custom form calculated fields that give me Home Team Name, Manager's Name, Role Name, etc.

On projects, I have Portfolio Name and Program Name.

You just go to the User Custom Form, add the calculated field, and the "formula" is Role.Name

Now, this only works for Primary Role, Home Team, but it has been helpful in charts and Matrix reports where you can't text mode groupings.

Level 10

Creative workaround. Thanks, Anthony. That just might do the trick.