Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Display Baseline Task Field Data as Column in a Project View

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Does anyone know if it's possible to display Baseline Task field data (e.g. Baseline Task Planned Hours - workRequired) on a project view?

I was thinking a collection maybe?

Since there can be many baselines for a task, the idea was to be able to view any or all task baselines for a given data point (e.g. baseline task planned hours) in a project view. We would then be able to see how the baseline planned hours has changed, for each task on the project, across each task baseline (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). See attached screenshot.

I'm aware that a baseline task report can be created to display this data for each task's baselines, but our PMO is asking if they can view this in a project view, as opposed to a stand along baseline task report.

Thanks!

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Nick,

This one's a bit of a maze-bumper:

• A Project view would require organizing two collections (Project > Tasks, Task > Baseline Tasks) which is one too many, and
  • A Task view (as per your screenshot) needs only one collection (Task > Baseline Tasks), but I believe can only "hit" the Default Baseline, where you're after more than one (presumably "all"), and although
  • You could try my Project Management Time Travel technique, but in addition to the clutter it creates, as I did take down the data server back in the day (again, my apologies), I would now only recommend the approach under certain finite conditions, so
  • I'd conclude that the one aisle with light at the end of it is the Baseline Task Report, as you'd suspected

Regards,

Doug