Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Statuses for individual groups

Level 1
Hi, I'm currently working on a new queue project, and want to give the requestor access to certain statuses so that they can change the progress to a certain level. I've managed to separate the teams into groups but I've found that the requestor group is getting the same statuses as the designer group, but yet I've changed statuses in project preference. Am I missing something? A simple checkbox? Or is it more than that? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alexander Graham MOO
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor
I'm not sure I understand the question?, so let me start by saying that everyone in the project will see the same statuses, regardless of what group they belong to, and the statuses they see will be what's available to the group that the Project was put in. In your project settings there's one field for groups. Whatever is in the project's group field is controlling the status all your groups see when they go to that project. At least, that's how I understand it to work. -skye

Level 1
Thanks, Skye, The Project is currently a queue, accepting issues. The project is not my concern with the statuses, it's the issues. I thought each group would be able to see certain statuses. What I'm trying to do is Group A (Designers) would be able to see all the statuses on an issue in the project. Group B (Requestors) would only see 3 statuses (Ready, Edit, Approved). My thought was to adjust the statuses for each group in project preference. Maybe it's a misunderstanding on my part, but I wonder, is this something that can be done? Any help with be appreciated. Thanks, Alexander Graham MOO

Community Advisor
Thank you for clarifying. I still feel that all objects inside the project (tasks, issues and the project itself) will show statuses based on the group you put on the Project's "group" field. You can verify this by switching the project group field and you should see the issue status options change. -skye

Community Advisor

Skye is correct, since a queue is basically a project, the group that is set on in that project's group field will determine which statuses anyone going into that project will see.

So anyone going to the issues within that queue will see the statuses set for that project's group.

Level 1

Thanks Skye and Heather.

Yes, I tested this out. Will have to find another way of restricting certain users to specific statuses.