Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom forms on tasks

Level 1
I've noticed that only those assigned to a task can complete the custom form on that task. We want designers to be able to complete a custom form on the Production manager's task without adding them to the task as well (they have enough tasks already). Is there some way to edit their access to allow for this? Additionally, Is there a way to export data from a custom form? I've been copying it from Workfront and pasting into a Word doc, but I feel like there must be a better way. Sabrina Pfeiffer SEI Investments Inc.
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Sabrina, Yes, you can absolutely allow others to edit the forms (without having to be assigned). The access is actually controlled at the Task/Issue level (but can be managed at the Project level). Without knowing all the details of your setup, you should be able to go to the project these tasks are under, and go to Project Actions > Sharing > and give the designers Contribute access to the project. This will give them contribute to any tasks or issues (and their forms) that end up residing in that project. For exporting data from a form, the only way I know of would be to create a report to display your data and then you can do an Export function of that report. Hope that helps. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
As per Vic, my general suggestion would be to put the custom fields on a report and then export that to Excel or HTML. However, what do you do with it in Word? Why do you need to paste it into there? There could be some other options depending on what your use case is. Regards, David David Cornwell Pentana Solutions

Level 4
Want an easy way to gather all the fields on a custom form for the report? Check out the Excel Updater functionality at the AtappStore.com. There is a way to gather the fields up on complex forms quickly there. And, you may take advantage of using the real functionality too.

Level 10
I attached my Custom forms at the project level - so whoever has access to the project, will by default have access to the custom form. I plan to attach a custom form to a task - within the next month or so. This is because the custom form tab is getting way way way too long. I export the custom form with it's date, by doing a print to pdf or save as html, etc ... this is only going to show the data, just as copy and pasting to word, but this is much better and quicker and easier than copy and pasting to a word document. Benetta Perry APS

Level 2
Benetta, Are you implying that you can assign 'task custom forms' at a project level, so all new tasks have the form added automatically? If so, I'd sure like to know how to do that. Ed Milner Pensacola Christian College

Level 10
Hi Ed, You can't do that unfortunately, but it would be very VERY useful. If you want to submit it to the Idea Exchange, I'll vote for it! ;-) Cheers, David