Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Forms in Kickstart

Level 1
I I am not seeing where custom forms can be included in a Kickstart export/import. Not fields, but forms. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you. Steve Theobald State of Ohio DAS/OIT
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Are you trying to kickstart the forms themselves, or include the form in your kickstart of some other object (project, task, issue, etc.)?

Level 2
Hi Steve, I do project kick start import and the column labeled setCategoryID is the one where you should include your Custom Form ID. Hope that helps. Thanks, Yannick Yannick Seifert WebMD Professional

Level 1
Thank you, and maybe I am not understanding or not being clear enough. What I want to do is to export all of my custom forms using a Kickstart to be able to restore them in the event of a deletion or corruption. Steve Theobald State of Ohio DAS/OIT

Level 3
The kick-start export of data for custom forms is not supported well. You instead need to create a view and report to look at the objects that have the form on them. Then, get the data into a collection to export raw to Excel for later manipulation. To shortcut that process, I use the one of the partners that specialize in this to get what I need done. Doug Williams