Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Custom Form: Populating a pull-down list based on previous data field value

Level 2
Hello All, I am not sure if there is a way to do this in a custom form… Example: I have the following fields in the custom form Sponsor Department (fixed values - dropdown list: Enrollment, G&A, etc.) I would like to add a 3rd field called "Approver" as a dropdown list, based on the department value selected. Such as "Enrollment" then the approvers would be Jones, Smith, or Gonzalez.. Please let me know if this possible… and more importantly, how to do it. Thank you in advance for your help. Tien Nguyen Humana - Care Plus Health Plans
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi Tien, You can set display logic on fields, but not on values within a field. Instead of adding a single "Approver" field, you will need to add multiple approver fields such as "Enrollment Approver," "G&A Approver," etc. These fields would show the approvers that are specific to each department. Then, you would apply display logic so that "Enrollment Approver" is only shown when the Enrollment department is selected, and so on. For specifics on display logic:
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2
Additionally, I need to set up a routing rule based on the selected "Approver" from the custom form. Thanks, Tien Nguyen Humana - Care Plus Health Plans

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Hi Tien, You can set display logic on fields, but not on values within a field. Instead of adding a single "Approver" field, you will need to add multiple approver fields such as "Enrollment Approver," "G&A Approver," etc. These fields would show the approvers that are specific to each department. Then, you would apply display logic so that "Enrollment Approver" is only shown when the Enrollment department is selected, and so on. For specifics on display logic:
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf