Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Custom Form for Tasks - how do I see the information?

Level 2

Hi - I am fairly new to Workfront.  I created a custom form and attached it to a task.  It has a text field in it that the owner will fill in, and I want that text to be seen in the project view, where all the tasks are visible.  I added that custom text field to the project view, but it just shows as blank, even though the text is in the field when I go look at the task itself.  Any help??  Thank you!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, not sure I'm fully understanding your issue you can have a custom form be applicable to multiple project types. When in your custom form, at the top you'll see object type the form is for. You can add other types, no need to create a separate custom form for task vs project.

MadalynD_0-1674664859919.png

You may be mixing up your object types and where you will/will not see your form.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

Hey Jason - do you have a project form attached to the project? Every time you have a custom request form, you have to have an identical project form on / attached to the project to ensure that the information ports over correctly. If you have that existing request form, i suggest copying it and making it a PROJECT form instead. Once you do this and you can make sure that every request form has an identical project form, and that the project form is on the template or project you're using, you should have no issues.

Community Advisor

You don't need to copy the request form, you can simply add Project as an object type of the custom form at the top of the custom form screen, where my screenshot shows. Each form you have the option to select what kind of object it can be applied to (project, request, task).

Level 2

Yes - thank you for the follow up.  I did see that as I went to the task form.  It appears to be working now as expected!

Community Advisor

Awesome! Go ahead and mark my initial reply correct to help others out in the future that may come to ask the same thing. 

Level 2

I only created a task form.  I will try making a project form duplicate of that and see if it works.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, not sure I'm fully understanding your issue you can have a custom form be applicable to multiple project types. When in your custom form, at the top you'll see object type the form is for. You can add other types, no need to create a separate custom form for task vs project.

MadalynD_0-1674664859919.png

You may be mixing up your object types and where you will/will not see your form.