Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Creative Ways to Consolidate/Track Update Feeds - API?

Level 7

In our environment, we run a high volume of fast turn-around projects and are trying to use the Update section as a way of communicating between teams. These teams are spread around the world, so a team member in the US may tag a colleague in Bangalore with an Update knowing they won't see it for another 6 hours when they begin their day.

Most of the time this works perfectly fine, but occasionally email gets delayed or doesn't reach someone resulting in missed deliverables or things going out that shouldn't have been sent. I'm looking for any other ways that organizations give their team consolidated visibility to updates they've been tagged in rather than relying purely on the email alerts.

I know they are visible in the Notifications section, and in the legacy My Work page, but I'm hoping for some sort of report/dashboard solution. Has anyone built anything like this in Text mode? I see the object in the API explorer, but I'm fairly new to building in text mode.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Katherine

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Katherine,

I recommend a notes report that is filtered by tagged user = $$USER.ID, which you can put in a dashboard. I have a dashboard that I call "My Mentions" and the text mode filter looks like this:

entryDate=$$TODAY-30d

entryDate_Mod=gt

project:statusEquatesWith=CUR PLN

project:statusEquatesWith_Mod=in

tags:userID=$$USER.ID

tags:userID_Mod=in

A user can reference this as a standalone dashboard to see all their directed updates, or it can be added as a project tab which users can reference to see the updates on that project in which they've been tagged. It's sorted by most recent update to oldest, and grouped by the week the update was entered. Once you get into note filtering, there are a lot of interesting possibilities which also include topic-based notes reports (as opposed to user-tagged notes reports shown here).

Most of the detail you would want to include about the update is reportable and can be added to a standard view. As you get more comfortable with text mode, you might explore more advanced views and column sharing to get something like this:

0690z000008Y2TiAAK.png

Hope that helps!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Katherine,

I recommend a notes report that is filtered by tagged user = $$USER.ID, which you can put in a dashboard. I have a dashboard that I call "My Mentions" and the text mode filter looks like this:

entryDate=$$TODAY-30d

entryDate_Mod=gt

project:statusEquatesWith=CUR PLN

project:statusEquatesWith_Mod=in

tags:userID=$$USER.ID

tags:userID_Mod=in

A user can reference this as a standalone dashboard to see all their directed updates, or it can be added as a project tab which users can reference to see the updates on that project in which they've been tagged. It's sorted by most recent update to oldest, and grouped by the week the update was entered. Once you get into note filtering, there are a lot of interesting possibilities which also include topic-based notes reports (as opposed to user-tagged notes reports shown here).

Most of the detail you would want to include about the update is reportable and can be added to a standard view. As you get more comfortable with text mode, you might explore more advanced views and column sharing to get something like this:

0690z000008Y2TiAAK.png

Hope that helps!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 7

Thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to get to!

Level 10

Hi Katherine,

In addition to Bill's fine example, in case you or your team appreciates visualizing such conversations, I invite you to check out this post about The Scoop (which includes a video).

Regards,

Doug