Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Constraint on Copy To function for users that have left the job role

Level 4

We have a need to use the Copy To function on our tasks from one project to another. However, if a user is no longer a part of that job role it will not allow us to move that task over. I don't want to clear all task constraints because then that removes the job role and I cannot mass assign the new project. Is there a work around to override those tasks where the user is no longer in that job role OR a way to clear assignments back to the job role rather than the assignee? Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tara,

One (somewhat cumbersome) workaround is to add the former Role(s) back to the User(s) involved, but at 0% beside that role, meaning "can, but don't (any longer)", which should at least then let such Copy To actions complete successfully.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Thanks Doug! Have you run into any downstream impacts to reporting or alerts when this is done?

Level 10

My pleasure Tara,

None that come to mind, but if something did come up (e.g. if you have any Role based reports showing users who "can"), you might then (simply) adjust the filter to exclude users with 0% ("don't").

Regards,

Doug