Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Column Sharing in Report

Level 2
Can you share more than two columns? I have been able to share two but three does not work.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

57 Replies

Level 4
yes you can! i havent seen any limitations with sharing columns. I have a report that is like 22 columns all shared into one. http://loyola.attask-ondemand.com/report/public/view?publicToken=_dJqXcqOq8dvWGEuaOQZlv_ABxmNbj7w8lb... The code is attached to this as well so you can see how I did it.

Level 2
Thanks Scott! Let me give it a try. Also thanks for presenting at Leap! You did a great job!

Level 10
Scott - Amazing. Would you kindly cut and paste that Text Mode code into a reply or maybe upload a kickstart of this report? Thanks! Eric

Level 2
In reviewing your code, I was able to see what I was missing and was able to get it to work. Thanks again!

Level 4
here is the word doc with the code so you can copy/paste.....let me know if you have any problems.

Level 4
Great! I found the easiest thing to do is go step by step. share columns 2 or 3 at a type and then combine everything. Also save and save often. I found that sometimes there would be glitches where when I combined certain fields, it would erase others when I tried to do too much at once so probably user errors...

Level 10
It worked for me too. Oh this is nice. Good job, Scott! Bonus Karma Points for you today. Eric

Level 10
Thanks Scott! Very handy....

Level 4
WOW! I didn't even know that was a possibility. Thanks for sharing!

Level 4
Scott, Thank you for sharing this. I love it! I have one question, I think having a PM Partner identified is a great idea, is that field held on a custom form somewhere? Thanks, Phil

Level 9
Scott, I'd love to share this in the new Resources section for report text expressions I recently created. Would you be willing to drop your code into the attached template and shoot it over to me? I'll add it to the file base, then we can have it somewhere where it's easily accessible to future users! -Nate In Reply to Scott Sax:
yes you can! i havent seen any limitations with sharing columns. I have a report that is like 22 columns all shared into one. http://loyola.attask-ondemand.com/report/public/view?publicToken=_dJqXcqOq8dvWGEuaOQZlv_ABxmNbj7w8lb... The code is attached to this as well so you can see how I did it.
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 9
Also, Scott... I don't think I've seen Eric Lucas this excited about something on the forum in quite a while... so I gave you the first ever "Super Scout" badge. Congrats! ;) In Reply to Lucas Eric:
It worked for me too. Oh this is nice. Good job, Scott! Bonus Karma Points for you today. Eric
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Well earned, too! I’m crawling through his code this very minute and I think I know how he built it. I’m going to venture out and make my first shared column report. Woooo! Wish me well.

Level 4
Hey Nate, I’d be happy to help. I’ll see what I can do to put it into this format and send it back. I’ll probably be next week if that is ok. Thanks! Scott

Level 9
That would be amazing! No worries on timeframe. In Reply to Scott Sax:
Hey Nate, I’d be happy to help. I’ll see what I can do to put it into this format and send it back. I’ll probably be next week if that is ok. Thanks! Scott

Level 4
Hello Nate, Sorry for the delay. Attached is the template all filled out. Feel free to edit as needed or make it clearer if it sounds too confusing.

Level 4
Thanks, Scott.... Great stuff!

Level 2
This was EXACTLY what I was looking to do and it worked like a charm, very nice Scott. I've had a bear of a time calling specific custom form parameters, so this gave me some great perspective into what syntax I could use around the combo column I was building. Got it up and running this morning! Karma waves inbound...

Level 6
Hi Scott, I've created a report similar to yours but I cannot figure out how to make the names bold and the text next to them normal style. Mine is all bold!. I've attached a word doc with my text code and a screenshot of one of the results... it may be messy to be kind :)