Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Coaching Advice: Accidentally Unassigning oneself from a task

Level 5
Hello all I am looking for some guidance/understanding to help one of my employees understand an inadvertent error he is creating. He is new to being assigned tasks in Workfront and on two different projects he has unassigned himself from a task and therefore the update stream denotes " will no longer be working on this". He is the first employee out of 30+ I have ever had this happen to where they didn't know how they did it. Other than the obvious action of clicking on the X in the top right hand side of the Assigned To tab (example below), is there any other way he is unassigning himself from tasks? Tracy Fox Manager, Project Management Office / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor
Is he using "Home"? Could he be "removing" himself from there? (if you click "work on it" the meatballs menu gives you an option to "remove".) -skye

Level 5
Ah thank you, I will certainly check! Meatballs menu gave me a good Friday chuckle! Tracy Fox Manager, Project Management Office / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
I would assign him some tasks and sit next to him (or screenshare if you are no longer going into an office) while watching him as he works through what he has to do, and see what he's clicking on. If he can't repeat the mistake, then hopefully he won't do it again! Reinforcing the correct behavior may work out just as well as trying to figure out what the heck he clicked on! I've had to do this a few times with people who could not correctly share a Proof, yet every time I watched, they did it correctly. The incorrect sharing stopped after that.