Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can you have a calculated field on a custom form that references custom data on a selected project in a typeahead field on that form?

Level 2

On a request custom form (in a request queue project), we have a typeahead field that references a project the request is related to. Can we pull custom field data from that project into a calculated field on the request custom form? If the question isn't clear, please let me know and I can provide additional context. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Roy - Sadly, you can't right now. Currently you only have access to ID and Name for typeahead fields. I have spoken to the Product Manager and they have on the roadmap to connect the typeahead field to its true/real object so that you have access to all the information on it. But first they have to do something on the backend that allows them to get to that data.

So not right now, but we should see that in 2021 at some point :)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Roy - Sadly, you can't right now. Currently you only have access to ID and Name for typeahead fields. I have spoken to the Product Manager and they have on the roadmap to connect the typeahead field to its true/real object so that you have access to all the information on it. But first they have to do something on the backend that allows them to get to that data.

So not right now, but we should see that in 2021 at some point :)

Level 2

Thank you, Anthony! I will look forward to that in 2021 then.

Level 1

Hello!

Any chance you could solve this or any workaround?