Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can we get the option of right clicking on a document to create a link to that doc? Support tells me this was taken away 10 days ago. Why was that done?

Level 2

While we use Proofing for most documents, there are times when we use just the document, for example to send to legal for review and signature. Taking away this Copy Link makes my job difficult. When can we expect it back? Thank you Ellen

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Way old post and a function that has been returned to my instance. WE can close this out. thanks Ellen

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 2

Hi Ellen, Are you willing to share how you are able to share documents to external users? I can't seem to easily find this capabiliity in Workfront.

Community Advisor

If you're trying to "share" a document, anyone you're trying to share with needs to be a user in your instance.

Proofs can be sent to external users who are not set up in your instance, but even then they only have access to the proof, not the actual document within Workfront that the proof is attached to.

Level 2

Hello @Stephanie Hetzel‚ Happy to share. So this was a function they had initially then took away and then we got it back. Simple right click choose copy link address. I was not sending this to people outside of workfront. I did need to have this option reinstated so we could continue to work with live docs. This is also helpful when we are working on a content doc that is in our sharepoint. Hope this is helpful.

Community Advisor

Hi Ellen, my team is using right click "copy link address", but we had several issues with this when user did follow that link and the page did show up as "access denied". Recipient had conifrmed task access and file access and I'm talking only about users configured in WF (not externally). Did you had any similar problems?

When I reported did to WF support they said it's not supported way of sharing files....

So reading the above I'm puzzled with re-enabling feature they claim to be "not supported"