Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Can I Limit Who Gets Notified When A New Issue Gets Added?

Level 3

I have a project that I help manage. I only want certain people on the project to get notified + whoever is assigned the issue. Instead, anyone who has ever been assigned an issue also gets notified. Is there a way to address this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, this is likely due to the users' email notifications around 'projects I'm on' like this one. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1695839111537.png

Users will need to modify their own email notifications from their profile (or you can on their behalf logging in on them if you have appropriate access level) to remove ones they don't want. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, this is likely due to the users' email notifications around 'projects I'm on' like this one. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1695839111537.png

Users will need to modify their own email notifications from their profile (or you can on their behalf logging in on them if you have appropriate access level) to remove ones they don't want. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Yeah, I'm familiar with that method. I was just wondering if/wish there were more fine-tuned controls for who get's notified for specific projects.