Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I have multiple linked tasks which recur as a set?

Level 2
Hi folks I have a project with a monthly recurring task - Prepare Monthly Stats - which is assigned to someone and has an approval path attached. I want to add a second task - Prepare high level analysis of Monthly stats - which will start each month after the approval of the first task and be assigned to someone else Can I set up the two tasks, link them together via a predecessor - and then make the pair of them recurring? Any ideas how I might achieve this - ideally not by copying the two tasks manually each month... Regards Bob Sleigh BT Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Bob, Well you can, but because of the way to create a Recurring task, it's not the most efficient. You'd have to create one recurring task, then create the other. Then link all the Task 1's to the Task 1's of the 2nd task etc. If I were doing it, I'd just create the two tasks (attach the approval and link the pred etc.), then select them and use the Duplicate function. And you can double up the selection each time, so it should only take 3 times to create 12 months' worth (actually 16 months if you select them all the 3rd time). Hope that makes sense.

Level 2
Hi Vic Yes that makes sense and seems like a reasonable option to use Many thanks Regards Bob