Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can Cards on Workfront Boards Show Custom Form Information?

Level 3

Hi team, 

We are currently piloting a Workfront Board with one of our marketing teams. Our goals are to 1) capture all requests that come to that particular team outside of normal process via a request form and 2) allow them to review and align a member of their team to the work/task using the board. We have created a Kanbon board for this pilot and requests have been populating in the intake column as intended, but the information collected via the custom form when the requests are submitted does not show when we click to view the card on the board. Is there a way to have the custom form fields show when viewing the card in boards without clicking the link to the log itself and navigating to a different page?

Best,

E

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can add some of the custom form fields (one by one) and then they would show up when you click on the card to open it. (there is a custom fields section, right under tags, that eventually shows up after you start adding custom fields)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can add some of the custom form fields (one by one) and then they would show up when you click on the card to open it. (there is a custom fields section, right under tags, that eventually shows up after you start adding custom fields)

Employee

Also note that in Boards it refers to "Custom Fields" but the option to add fields also includes "Native Fields" which you'll see under the field picker in the Configuration area. 

Level 3

@ewanh Thanks! I noticed it gave us some options. We are actually experiencing issues with the custom form fields at the moment. They are all set to not show (eye w/slash through it button) and are unable to be turned to show (eye button). Everything was working as intended just a week ago. Do you have any insight into why those would no longer allow us to edit or view them?

Board Card Configurations.png

Level 1

This is happening in our instance as well. The card is connected but the values of the fields pulled from the project level aren't showing.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.09.33 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.09.46 AM.png

Level 3

@MalcomBenitesFL It looks like the same issue to me. We had to submit a ticket to the Workfront Support team to have the issue remediated. I believe it is a bug that can only be resolved by the Workfront Support team. I suggest submitting a ticket and including the screenshot you provided on your message and a list of all the actions you took to remediate the issue yourself. I've found that helps these tickets go quicker when they know what you've already tried on your end. Let me know if/when this issue is taken care of.