Expand my Community achievements bar.

can a Task report (or assignments filter) group by project and "sum" of projects?

Level 7

Happy Friday All,

I need to pull a report that shows how many projects a user had, year over year, but she is only assigned to tasks... not owner or sponsor.... this seems like it should be simple but I'm not getting "sum" options and don't want to have to export to get counts.

I must be be missing something obvious? help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

simplest: is it maybe just a project report filtering on every project where she was on the project team? (i.e. when you're assigned a task you're automatically assigned to the project team) This is also shown as a "projects I'm on" filter in Workfront Classic.

little more complicated: again, a project report with a collections filter for tasks or assignments where user id = your user's GUID? It's very similar to this one: https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/#projects-with-active-assignments-to-... but instead of active, you want to do all, and instead of "me" you want to do your user.

Either way the only way to get a sum total would be through the summary tab, so you have to choose a grouping (I would probably group by the user's name, because this would give you the smallest grouping)

Level 7

Thank you Skye!!!

I'll try both....I haven't used "collections" yet and have been wanting to try it.

Have a great weekend!

Teg