Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculated column to display custom form field label and value

Level 4

We have an "Issue Complexity" custom form field with labels and values as follows: Low Complexity = 5, Medium Complexity = 10, High Complexity = 15. I would like to have a report column that displays the label and value together, "Low Complexity - 5", etc. but I can't figure out how to get the label to display. Below, {DE:Issue Complexity} displays the value, but what would I need to put in for the label to show up? I've tried {name} and {label}, neither worked.

displayname=Issue Complexity

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT({DE:Issue Complexity}.?????," - ",{DE:Issue Complexity})

valueformat=HTML

I was able to do a workaround with the below, but I would like to get the above to work since it's so much simpler.

column.8.displayname=Issue Complexity & Score

column.8.linkedname=direct

column.8.namekey=Issue Complexity

column.8.querysort=DE:Issue Complexity

column.8.sharecol=true

column.8.textmode=true

column.8.valuefield=Issue Complexity

column.8.valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

column.9.sharecol=true

column.9.textmode=true

column.9.value=<br>

column.9.valueformat=HTML

column.10.displayname=Issue Complexity Value

column.10.linkedname=direct

column.10.namekey=Issue Complexity

column.10.querysort=DE:Issue Complexity

column.10.textmode=true

column.10.valueexpression={DE:Issue Complexity}

column.10.valueformat=

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hey Yvonne,

br

This one seems complicated, I'm going to see if I can tag in a few people to help... but if they hadn't already jumped in, they might not know either. @Doug Den Hoed@Anthony Imgrund@Skye Hansen does this look like something one of you have tackled before?

br

Kyna

Level 10

Thanks for the tag Kyna.

Yvonne, give "valueformat=val" a try, anywhere throughout your textmode you see valueformat.

Regards,

Doug

Level 5

Curious if you ever got this to work? I'm having the same problem with custom fields showing the value when I need the label.

Level 1

any solution to this. I am facing the same . custom field gives value instead of label.