Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Calculate Planned Hours Over Long Duration

Level 4
Has anyone figured a workaround for simplifying the amount of math a PM has to do to figure out the number of planned hours they need to assign to a resource (or multiple!) when a task spans a duration of multiple weeks? Our team is used to working in percentages by the week so it's been difficult translating the percentages to hours. Thanks! Christine Zhu Chobani
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4
I'm assuming your percentages are based off some sort of hourly/weekly basis as you're getting to this number manually. What I would do is take your manual calculation and created a calculated, custom field that equates to what you're looking for and populates automatically..? Or am I over simplifying? Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.

Level 10
I too would like to know how people are doing this, if they are. Nick Valeriote

Level 4
Hey Jordan, I would say I'm looking for almost an Excel type of functionality where we could use a formula to calculate the total number of hours that three resources would need to complete a task that spans 4 weeks. It's super simple math, but this is just another obstacle that's keeping PMs from entering in the Planned Hours. Christine Zhu Chobani