Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bug in 2019.4 Release: Team Working On Calendar

Level 2
Hello .... Does anyone know if the change to the Team Working On Calendar with the 2019.4 release is a bug or an intended change? We used to be able to hover the mouse over an item on the calendar to see a pop-up box of project information---but now nothing happens. Clicking on the arrow still provides information about the task, but it's not the same information we used to get about the project. This missing feature is something we really valued. Is anyone else experiencing this? Unfortunately we can't open a case/ticket until my manager is back in the office... Finally, I hate to be negative, but I feel obligated to pass on some of the feelings of our group----that there's some frustration with the frequency of WorkFront updates/changes, particularly when some could have benefited from further testing or feedback before getting released. There's a balance to be found between product innovation and stability since changes and glitches, even if minor, really wear on daily users. Trudie Gauerke
15 Replies

Level 4
Hi Trudie I didn't notice this feature you described before, but when clicking on the arrow we get a pop up box with information e.g project, parent task, dates and assignments. Is that the same as you? If this is a new feature, I didn't see anything about it in the comms for the 19.4 release. I also hate to be negative but agree with you that sometimes it feels like we are in a constant state of beta, tackling bugs in the system with things changing all the time that aren't communicated properly. As you mention, even if they are very minor things, it really frustrates our users and undermines our system admins as the face of Workfront within the business. Thanks for sharing. Olivia Olivia Harrison Delivery Manager London

Employee
Hi all, Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to make sure we're providing the best experience we can for our customers. Please do continue to submit feedback within Workfront and on here, we are listening! Thank you for sharing and participating in our Workfront community. Kyna

Level 2
Hi Olivia, Thanks for your reply. Yes, we do still have the caret function that provides a box with project, parent task, task date, and assignment. The hover feature used to also offer project completion dates, program name, and more, so I think that was something different. I guess we'll have to open a case ticket. Thanks too for letting me know we're not the only ones wary of the frequent changes... Best, Trudie Trudie Gauerke

Community Advisor
Following! Please share what support says to your ticket - the hover no longer shows for us either. Sheri Whitten

Employee
Hello all, Have you submitted a support request on this? From the way I read the release notes we didn't make changes to the Team Working On calendar, so this might be a bug. Thanks! Kyna

Level 2
Hi Kyna, That's good to know -- thanks. I'll have to have a supervisor with the right credentials make a support request when they have a chance. Best, Trudie Trudie Gauerke

Level 2
Following as well. I've noticed this as well but thought it was a glitch. Stephanie Lou Follett School Solutions

Level 2
This is our problem, some tasks on the calendar have the pop-up when hovering and some don't. This was noticed after this weekend's update. Stephanie Lou Follett School Solutions

Level 10
Hi everyone, Thanks for the feedback! We have identified it as a bug and are working on the resolution. The reason for the behavior is because the link format changed to support New Workfront Experience but it shouldn't have affected Classic. Thanks, Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront

Level 2
Hi Vazgen, That's great news. My group will be really happy to hear this. Thanks! Trudie Gauerke

Level 2
Thank you for the follow up. That is wonderful news. Best, Stephanie P.S. Don't forget to like us on "http://www.facebook.com/follettlearning?utm_source=PS%20Lines&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=FY19%20FSS%20Fall%20Email%20Signatures&utm_content=P.S.%20Don%E2%80%99t%20forget%20to%20like%20us%20on%20Facebook%2C%20and%20follow%20us%20on%20Twitter%20and%20Instagram%20for%20the%20most%20up-to-date%20information!"> Facebook , and follow us on "http://twitter.com/follettlearning?utm_source=PS%20Lines&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=FY19%20FSS%20Fall%20Email%20Signatures&utm_content=P.S.%20Don%E2%80%99t%20forget%20to%20like%20us%20on%20Facebook%2C%20and%20follow%20us%20on%20Twitter%20and%20Instagram%20for%20the%20most%20up-to-date%20information!"> Twitter and "http://instagram.com/follettlearning?utm_source=PS%20Lines&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=FY19%20FSS%20Fall%20Email%20Signatures&utm_content=P.S.%20Don%E2%80%99t%20forget%20to%20like%20us%20on%20Facebook%2C%20and%20follow%20us%20on%20Twitter%20and%20Instagram%20for%20the%20most%20up-to-date%20information!"> Instagram for the most up-to-date information! Stephanie Lou Project Coordinator, Marketing Communications Empower Educators. Inspire Learning. ‚Ñ¢ "mailto:slou@follett.com" | "http://www.follett.com" www.follett.com

Community Advisor
Thank you, Vazgen! Sheri Whitten

Level 5
Hi Kyna, I have to agree with Trudie that the frequency of Workfront releases that do not seem to be fully vetted is tiring on my team. We have never even moved to Home because of the large gaps in its usability and suddenly there is the "New Experience" that is being pushed. Workfront needs to focus on getting one thing correct before they move onto the next shiny penny or Workfront is going to face having to keep many legacy systems alive for many many years because of a lack of adoption to the new systems. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 2
I see that this bug or whatever it was is corrected this morning. Thank you for making that happen! Trudie Gauerke

Level 10
Just letting you know that the bug with task links was fixed, however we now have an issue with issue links using task format and as a result navigating to those does not work. We will be fixing that ASAP. As a workaround for the time being, replacing the word "task" to an "issue" in the URL will allow to get to the issue object. Vazgen Babayan Product Manager Workfront