Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Boards Automatic move to new column based on issue status

Level 5

Hi all,

I understand that board card can be moved using the move function within boards, but sometimes the status's are changed via the original source issues area. I would like to be able to progress the status of an issue and then the card automatically moves to reflect this update. I can't see a way of doing this. Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I experienced the same behavior when I created a Kanban board last week. Yesterday I did the following (in this specific order):

1. Deleted the original Kanban board
  2. Created a new Kanban board
  3. Edited the status column settings in each column (see screenshot)
  4. Configured my Board Intake rules

After all that, my cards populated in the backlog based on my intake rules. I was then able to drag a card to the "New" status column and assign to a user. I then logged in as that user and stayed in the project view (not the board view). As the user, I updated the status of the task to In Progress. I then logged out and back into WF as me and viewed the Kanban board. It took a few seconds, but the card eventually moved to the In Progress column. I then repeated the process to Complete the task and it moved correctly on the board again. I tried this a few times and it seems to be working correctly for me now.

I don't know if something in my original board was set wrong, but it seems like following the above steps worked for me. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I experienced the same behavior when I created a Kanban board last week. Yesterday I did the following (in this specific order):

1. Deleted the original Kanban board
  2. Created a new Kanban board
  3. Edited the status column settings in each column (see screenshot)
  4. Configured my Board Intake rules

After all that, my cards populated in the backlog based on my intake rules. I was then able to drag a card to the "New" status column and assign to a user. I then logged in as that user and stayed in the project view (not the board view). As the user, I updated the status of the task to In Progress. I then logged out and back into WF as me and viewed the Kanban board. It took a few seconds, but the card eventually moved to the In Progress column. I then repeated the process to Complete the task and it moved correctly on the board again. I tried this a few times and it seems to be working correctly for me now.

I don't know if something in my original board was set wrong, but it seems like following the above steps worked for me. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Level 5

Thank you for replying and making this suggestion. I'll give this a try and see if it behaves better.

Matt