Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Best reports/dashboards to show Growth in our Workfront instance in the past year?

Level 3

Need to find reports that can show our Growth with Workfront over the last year. We are trying to demonstrate the increase in projects being moved thru WF as well as the growth in usage by all of our areas of Marketing. Some of the standard reports aren't quite getting us there. Do you have go to reports that you created to show that growth? Would love to pick your brain! Thanks, Chris

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

My first idea would be YOY (year over year) reporting, and you have two directions you can go with here. After you filter for a set of projects:

1) group by entry date (year) and then entry date again (either "month of year" or "quarter of year"). Select a bar chart and select the lower entry date for your X-axis grouping and then group your columns and select the higher entry date for your "additional" grouping. This gives you a chart where you can compare totals month for month, or quarter for quarter.

OR 2) group by something else (e.g. team) and entry date (year). Select the bar chart and group by team on the x-axis and then group your columns and select the entry date. Now for each team you can see what they did last year vs this year.

My other idea would be to ask if you've looked at the usage dashboard provided by workfront for any ideas -- or to just steal some of their reports outright. https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Workfront-Usage-Dashboard

Level 3

Thanks for the QUICK response! I will try your suggestions - Not a reporting expert, but I think I can replicate what you described. I did look at the Usage one and have altered a version of that. I think your ideas might get me closer to what we are after! Thanks!!

Employee

You might check out the guide that goes with the KPI Dashboards learning path. There are some reports listed there that look at certain data over a number of years, etc. You might be able to adapt some of those reports to suit your needs.