Expand my Community achievements bar.

Best Practices-Governance in Workfront/Training

Level 2
Good Morning, We are currently overhauling our training here at the College. What are the best practices that your organization uses for the governance of Workfront? How does your organization hold people accountable as far as logging into Workfront and participating in training? Thank you, Laura Mormile Excelsior College
7 Replies

Level 4
I would be interested in finding out info on this subject. Elliot Leson Synchrony Creative - The Studio (Company)

Level 10
As far as monitoring who's logging in - we have a report that shows us active/licensed users that haven't logged in over 90days. We review this quarterly as part of our license audit to see if we can 'free up' any licenses. For training - we are in the process of rolling out an Onboarding Template that we'll use for all new hires (starting with new project managers/producers). We have tasks on the template for "Workfront Training" so we can build an exception report off of those new hires that started in past 30days and haven't completed the training. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
hey Kathy, what do you do about users who are Reviewer licenses? (or does this not occur?) Otherwise, we have similar. I have a dashboard for inactive users and an Outlook reminder to check it every quarter. I check all paid licenses to make sure they are still employees and if they are and haven't logged in, I downgrade them to free licenses and eventually deactivate. (Workfront access is permission-based off another system which shows whether someone is still an employee so if they are greyed out in this system, then I deactivate them) We currently have training in a format that's basically an onboarding checklist document that links to documents they need for training. We did it this way because our learning team wanted to keep and track it in Workday. -skye

Level 10
Our users are automatically deactivated when they leave FCB, b/c its connected to our Financial System. I don't worry about freeing up 'unused' Reviewer licenses since those are free and unlimited. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 1
This is all great stuff thanks for sharing. We spun up Workfront in Jan and have launched to our first group of users last month and are now doing training with our second group. I am the main admin and am covering off things as I go but going forward I am setting up a steering group with reps from the different business areas that will decide on a few things: Feature rollouts (we disabled a lot of functionality) Updates to dashboards, report, views On boarding/off boarding New Roles/Teams Engagement/Communication Priority order I'm writing the Terms of Reference for the group and the moment and identifying who will be part of it and the authority level the group will have. In the past I have been the sol owner/developer/admin for various system and I'm keen that this doesn't happen again with Workfront. All fun stuff Stephen Tierney SSE

Level 10
hey Kathy, sorry, I mis-typed. I was more wondering if you assign Workfront "training tasks" to reviewers or not. -skye

Level 10
Ah, I see Skye. no - we don't. Our Reviewers typically use WF to review/markup proofs and we just have a training video for that. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB