Expand my Community achievements bar.

'Ask for approval' button in document updates is gone

Level 4

Hi all, 

Does anyone know if the 'ask for approval' box in a document update has been removed?  As of this morning we no longer see the option. Thanks

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@KathyPal  - It's still available on the "old commenting" experience but it's not an option on the new commenting experience. Do you have the New Commenting toggled on? I don't think it's ever been an option on new commenting at least I don't recall it being there.

KellieGardner_0-1710867823990.png

KellieGardner_1-1710867847457.png

Level 4

Hi Kellie, Thanks for your response. It's not on in my project updates tab.  But in the documents updates, I don't see the option to turn new comments on or off.

KathyPal_0-1710945480411.png

Community Advisor

Hi Kathy - thanks for the screen shot that helps. You can't turn the new commenting on or off from the popup window - you have to do it from the actual updates area. If you turn it off there it will turn it off for the pop up as well. This should allow you to send approvals through comments again.

I should note: Since new commenting will eventually be the only commenting experience, you might want to submit some feedback on the new commenting to get the approval option back. It's also the default commenting option since they are wanting users to get experienced doing it so all users will default to it and if you ever clear you cache and cookies it will likely reset you to "new commenting"

KellieGardner_0-1710947734547.png