Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Anyone know how I build a report that will exist in a project-level dashboard that shows all the documents from all projects that exist in the same program as the project I'm running the report from?

Level 4

It's a bit of a mind-bender. The scenario is that a program had multiple projects. One of these projects handles briefing and all the others manage production. We want to hold the briefs in the briefing project only but we want to make the brief available to all the build projects. The idea is to have a dashboard on all the build projects that displays the brief documents from the briefing project. When I run the report say from the reporting list it woks fine but when I run it from within a build project it comes up blank (unless I run it from the briefing project, in which case it works fine). So I guess I need the report to work even if there are no documents in the project I'm running the report from. Yikes, head melting :-)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - I had a client once who kind of did the same thing. The difference: once uploaded, they copied the document URL and put it in a custom form on the Program. That way they could easily include it on different project.

valuefield=program:Creative Brief URL

You can also then do something like this:

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Creative Brief URL}),"","Click Here")

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Creative Brief URL)

textmode=true

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Creative Brief URL

Level 4

Hi Anthony

Thanks v much for your reply. I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes. Quick question, did they have multiple documents within the same custom form?

Thanks again, back soon.

Stuart

Level 10

For them, it was just the Creative Brief for the entire campaign. So just one document. However, if you have multiple, you could always use the URL for the document area of the main project instead of the URL for the one document.

So use https://anthonyimgrund.my.workfront.com/project/6091406f0049c1800dc22543d90db4c9/documents

instead of https://anthonyimgrund.my.workfront.com/document/60914c300003098f384264b982bc8d05/60914c300003099008f3f3f4c5c6fa16/details

Level 4

Hi Anthony, I was just mulling that over just now, having played around with it. I think that might be a better option.