Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Any suggestions or workarounds for custom forms visibility?

Level 4

Is there a good idea or workaround that when a custom form has been filled in, if certain responses were answered, the team fill in an ADDITIONAL custom form that is only visible to them (not part of the request queue). It will be part of backend data.

For example, my finance team has a custom form in the request queue visible to the whole team to complete. They want that if answered yes to a particular set of questions in the form they then fill in an additional custom form. (but they don't want it added to the request queue because they don't want the stakeholders to complete it).

Any suggestions or ideas? or do you just add the custom form and in the title mention 'to only be completed by finance'?

Thank you!

6 Replies

Level 10

Don't use an additional form. Just use display logic to display a second section of the existing form if a certain field is filled in a certain way.

Example: If you have a page size dropdown that allows you to choose "A1", "A3", "A4", "Other". Display logic can say: If "Other" is chosen, display a new open text field for the user to type in the other size.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 4

Thanks for the reply Randy.

but I don't want it to be available to everyone, I want it to be a separate form that only gets filled in by the 'back office' so having a display logic will allow everyone to complete it...

It should flow on from the initial first request form that when it's completed it will come to the finance team for a 'final sign off'

Level 10

You can also limit who can see it and who can fill it out.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 10.38.15 am.jpg

I should also add that if the use has access to the object, they will inherit access to the section unless it's Admin Only. The only other option you have a Fusion solution that can add a form to an object based on a set of rules.

Level 4

Ah-a this is what I'm after!

But is there a way to add certain users/ names to limit the limited edit to certain people?

Level 10

I've not used it for selective limiting but the info page is HERE.

Level 3

hope this helps, under custom forms> Field Settings tab, look for Grant access