Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Animated GIFs not playing in Proof

Level 8

Curious if anyone has encountered an issue when an animated GIF file is uploaded to a Proof and the proof thinks the file is a static image file instead of playing it like a video format?

We just encountered this issue today and I have submitted a ticket already with support to investigate, but am curious is others are having this experience.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Update: Support did confirm there is a bug with animated gif proofs and have passed it on to developers to investigate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I'm not surprised it doesn't work due to the nature of rotating gif files. Have you tried putting the gif on a web page and then proofing that? I haven't tried it but I think that has a better chance of working than uploading a straight gif.

Level 8

Thanks, Randy. We have been using Proof for 5 years and have never had an issue before with the animated gif files not playing like a video in Proof. I may have to look into the option you provided but that just adds more steps to the team and we have a lot GIF files.  

Level 10

Maybe try re-uploading an old gif that you know worked before, into a NEW proof. Then you can see if it's the gif or something changed in WF. If you can show the (old) gif working in one window and the same (new) gif NOT working in another window, that would indicate it's on Workfront's end and not the gif. If nothing else, it would help the support folks to troubleshoot.

Level 8

Yes. I did test and the gif still reads as an image even thought the other day it was video. It is the weirdest thing.

Community Advisor

I'm curious what support will say in regards to this. The documentation states this:

• GIF - Graphics Interchange Format (animated GIF in the new Workfront Proof Viewer only)

but to be honest I don't know what that would imply in regards to the Proof Viewer only. 

Correct answer by
Level 8

Update: Support did confirm there is a bug with animated gif proofs and have passed it on to developers to investigate.

Level 2

We are having tthis problem today - have you gotten any response from WF on it?