Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Advice for a New Admin - Internal System Support Structure

Level 2

Question for fellow system admins,

What is your internal WF support structure like? As a new admin, I'm building out a support strategy to scale with the growth of our usage and interested in learning more about support combinations that have proven to be successful for others.

• What is your internal WF support structure like? What specific roles do you have in place to support WF internally?
  • How are key responsibilities broken out among these internal WF support roles? What makes this structure successful?
  • What key recommendations do you have for those looking to build out their WF support team?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Nichole

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

We're just getting started here but one piece of advice I really appreciated and implemented is making sure that you create a Request Queue for your support requests. It keeps things organized & you'll be able to report on topics & assign to other Sys Admins as your team grows...

Level 5

What a great topic!! Some things to consider when starting out:

1. Keep track of the workstreams you create as well as updates made for such workstream. you can do this with a portfolio per business area and projects as workstreams underneath the portfolio
  2. Communication is key! make sure your users are informed, especially when they are created as new users.
  3. Think about your organization and how you will manage visibility of the information thru groups per business segment? and subgroup or company?
  4. Enable SSO
  5. I second the comment above on creating a support queue. This way you can measure where you are spending your time, on which type of request and for which business segments. This can help you identify knowledge gaps between groups. Define an SLA for incoming requests based on priority, risk, etc
  6. When onboarding a process, ensure to take measurable approach.
  7. Availability! users need to know you are there to help them when they need it most. They are your.. customers.
  8. When onboarding a process create user groups and hold QA sessions to continue to tweak the process.
  9. Processes change overtime ensure you have some sort of process review with a determined frequency.
  10. Never stop learning, there is always something new to try within Workfront especially with Text Mode.

hope this helps 😊