Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Actual Cost and Actual Revenue

Level 10
Now then.... Can someone explain what's the difference between Actual Rev pulled on Project view from every single task and Actual revenue pulled from Hour Tab? Same questions coming if it's about Actual Cost... For some reason Actual Cost and Actual Revenue on a Task view t(to clarify that's a project tab view) it's at least half less of the amount which we get on Hour Tab.. To add there is no risks or issues with hours logged against it. Anyone?? I've attached the screenshot with numbers. It's all on the same project. i'm not sure what i'm missing here.. Hope that make sense. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD
3 Replies

Level 10
That's interesting....I just logged a ticket today because I noticed that all our projects' financial information was messed up regarding planned/actual costs and revenue, especially regarding the summary Net Value etc. Like you, the values from the tasks don't tally with the project totals and the business case summary. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Yeah that's really odd... I will follow your idea and will log the ticket about my case. Maybe that will press Support more. let me know please if you have any answer :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 1
You may be able to fix the discrepancy between Hours and Project costs by recalculating the project Financials. To do this: for an individual project: open the project click the Project Actions dropdown at upper right select Recalculate Project Financials for multiple projects select the projects you want from a project list view (ie click the checkboxes at the left) edit settings check the box beside "Recalculate Costs and Revenues" save changes Hopefully this should resolve the discrepancies on Hours vs Project costs. Not sure if this will resolve the other discrepancies David is observing. Should think it is worth a try, at any rate it won't hurt anything. cheers/ Brian Cameron Alberta Energy Regulator