Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Accessing object related data through a custom field

Level 2

Hello Workfront community!

I am trying to solve a few challenges where certain reporting numbers are not able to be displayed inside the reporting area. I want to create calculated fields inside projects and use those fields for filtering or sorting reports. Now I am hoping to find a way to connect those fields flexible to the projects in which they are used.

In one specific case, I am trying to use a calculated field to give me all "actual hours" which are entered to a project. Meaning all projects containing this calculated field should display there amount of actual hours. In addition i would love to split those fields into years.

My current text mode approach only gives me the complete amount of actual hours from my whole workfront instance...

So the calculated field should show the...

• sum of actual hours related to the project where I put the field
  • only display actual hours where the enter-date is part of a certain period of time

Does anyone have an idea how to do this or even did this already and help me with there approach?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Best Tino

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 6

I'm afraid this will not work via the calculated fields. We are using Fusion to calculate such values and store them in custom fields on the project (e.g. sum of only approved hours).

Level 2

Hi Chris thanks for your answer. A clear "No" helps me a lot :)

Best Tino