Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Access and view question

Level 10

I have a user that is in an external agency and I only want her to see the projects she is working on. I have set her up as a

• unique Company Name
  • unique Group.
  • No Team.
  • Worker license which has the checkbox "View only companies, groups & teams they belong to."

Based on this I would expect she would only be able to see Projects that have either that company or group in the access settings. Yet she can see ALL of our projects. I made sure the portfolios also have the setting of a different group than she is in.

However, I do see that when sharing a Project they all say "Visible System-Wide" and I'm suspecting this is the culprit - but also I don't see how to turn that off. Is this a problem with Inherited Permissions?

Is there another setting that is giving her access to see all our projects? I don't know where else to look.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

I'm going to answer my own question. The thing i discovered was 'system-wide' access was spotty over time and projects. I removed it from all projects, open and closed, and changed all the templates so that they would always turn into projects that are not visible system wide.

This is something I struggle with - which access levels override which

• Sharing the project, program, portfolio, report, dashboard
  • Within the project = Group
  • Within the project =Team
  • Within the project = Company
  • Layout template settings

Community Advisor

Hi Jill,

You may also want to review your access level settings if you want to prevent users from having the ability to share objects system wide in the future. For each object type, you can remove the ability to share system wide - see screen shot below.

0694X00000FTzNXQA1.png

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 10
Thanks Richard. That was the first thing I checked and it is set to not allowed to share systemwide. I have zero users who share anything except a proof. I’ve been finding the tension between sharing settings and project access settings very confusing as to which overrides which. I’m still not totally clear the hierarchy or order of events on how to think about this clearly. One other thing to note for the record is that you can mass edit sharing, so that made it pretty easy to fix.