Expand my Community achievements bar.

Master Project Tasks and Supporting Project Tasks Auto Completing

Level 8

Our team is exploring if the following can be done in Fusion. 

Use Case:

We want to set up a Master Project with a weekly task for a user to mark as complete after the meeting. In this meeting the team is presenting Workfront projects, and we have a task on each of these projects to build the meeting agenda. Currently, these tasks are completed manually for each project. We are trying to see if we can have the User complete the Master Project Task only and then have Fusion auto complete the task(s) that are in the projects that were shown in the meeting for that day.

I think for this to possibly work, I would also need to make a relationship between the tasks from the Master project and Projects shown in the meetings. I was thinking of attaching a custom form to the tasks but not sure if that is the best route to go.

I have attached a diagram below on what we are hoping to do.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.51.44 PM.png

2 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

without having thought it through or investigated it in more detail: cross-project predecessors might be an approach to get a connection between Master and supporting project tasks.

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

I have done something similar before, and this is the way I approached it.

In your "parent" project, create an issue for each "child" project.

Then, convert each issue to a project, leaving the issue in the "parent" project. This will build the link between your parent project and the child projects.

When a task is updated in the parent project, now you can pull in the resolving child projects, find the paired task in those child projects, and update those tasks.