Expand my Community achievements bar.

Keeping the converted issue "tied" to the resolving project

Level 7

This should be an easy one. I am either missing something obvious or this isn't possible. I have a scenario that is searching for new requests/issues from a certain queue and converting them to a new project when they submit the request. When this runs, it pulls over the converted issue data (entered by, entry date, etc...), but then it deletes the converted issue. I am using a WF Misc Action card with an action of "convertToProject" and I have "Has Resolvables" checked. I can't think of another way to do this. Is there an option I am missing to keep the issue and tie it to the resolving object?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi Brandon,

At the bottom of the Misc Action module, there is an attribute called "options". Update that with "preserveIssue".

That should solve your concern0694X00000DWZZfQAP.jpg

Level 7

Boom! I was literally staring at that field the whole day today because I knew it had to be in the options somewhere. I may have one more question on how to change the project to a custom status, but I will play with it a bit first before I bug this group again. 😋

Level 7

oh - I just realized it removes the converted issue from the submitted screen though. It removes it because the automation auto-closes the issue. I need the issue to mirror the project custom status. Is there another option trick that can do that?

Level 6

Hi, any idea if this function has been removed?  I have the following:

{

project: {
"name""Testing Sales Pursuit Plan",
"programID":"6361406b001ac75c4b6e185d8ab832b3",
"templateID":"63530b84000195201b931038d97f3c1b",
"plannedStartDate":"2022-11-01",
"options":"preserveIssue"
}
}

And it creates a project from the template, but it still deletes the issue, and none of the custom fields from the issue transfer to the project.  Where can you find a list of items you can put in the "options"?  Thank you!

Level 2

Hi, you need to use this structure:

{
    "options": [
        "preserveIssue",
        "preservePrimaryContact"
    ],
    "project": {
        "name""Some Name",
        "templateID""Some ID",
        "ownerID""Some Owner",
        "status""PLN"
    }
}

Level 1

I realize I am replying to an old thread but I was wondering if there was some documentation that listed these options and what they do? This post helped me resolve my issue but i could not find this information anywhere else.

Thank you!